Firstly, apologies for my absence over the past few days – something unexpected came up last weekend which meant I was away from home, and today has just been absolutely manic and non-stop. Tuesday has mercilessly catapulted me headlong back into term time mode! I do intend to have a new recipe post up by Friday, though, and to make up for the days missed, here are five fruitilicious facts to peruse and amuse:
1. If you rub the inside of a banana skin on a mosquito bite, it stops the itching
2. There are approximately 10, 000 varieties of apples grown around the world!
3. Strawberries were used as sacred symbols by Christian stonemasons
4. Bananas are high in B-complex vitamins, which help calm the nervous system
5. One pomegranate can hold more than 1000 seeds
An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Stay healthy x